FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY OSOGBO (FUO) IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC THOUGHT (IIIT)
CALL FOR PAPERS
FOURTH INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITIES CONFERENCE
(7TH – 9TH OCTOBER 2017)
The International Islamic Universities Conference is an annual assembly of Muslim academics around the globe. The Conference which the International Institute of Islamic Thought initiated is organised in collaboration with Islamic institutions. The Conference serves as a platform for appraising the state of Islamic universities with a view to identifying their challenges and proffering credible solutions.
Arrival: Friday 6th October, 2017
Conference Dates: Saturday, 7th October to Sunday 8th October, 2017
Departure: Monday 9th October, 2017
Venue: Fountain University, Osogbo, Nigeria
Theme: “Islamic Universities: Integration of Knowledge and Sustainability”
Each prospective presenter should submit electronically an abstract of 300 words or less to Prof. Abdul-Ganiyy O. Raji at [email protected], [email protected] . and Dr. Ismail A. Musa at [email protected], [email protected] by Friday, May 26, 2017. Please, note that submission of an abstract automatically grants conference organizers the right to publish it in the conference programme and proceedings book.
Formal Paper Requirements The conference papers should conform to the list below:
1. Provide a 300 word abstract of the paper.
2. Abstracts should include the Author’s name, title of paper, institutional affiliation, country, and contact information (phone number and email address).
3. In the case of co-authored papers, indicate who will be responsible for presenting the paper at the conference.
4. Identify the institutional affiliation of all author(s)
5. Fully written papers should not exceed 3000 words or 10 pages (excluding references)
6. All papers including abstracts should be in Times New Roman, 12 size fonts, formatted and referenced in accordance to the APA style
Important Deadlines: Deadline for submitting abstracts May 26, 2017. Notification of presenters with accepted abstracts: June 9, 2017. Full paper submission: August 18, 2017. Presenters are to submit the complete paper in MS Word format (3000 words or maximum of 10 pages of A4 paper size with 12 size Times New Roman font typed double-spaced) and a Power Point version of paper to facilitate presentation at the conference
Publication of Selected Papers The conference proceedings will be published in a book. Selected conference papers shall be published as articles in a journal.